Fitness trackers are incredibly user-friendly tools designed to track your fitness levels and goals. They come with various functions to help you achieve your fitness goals. With that being said, you first need to know how to sync a fitness tracker to a smartphone.
One of the main steps in setting up a fitness tracker is syncing it to your smartphone. Generally speaking, this is a fast and easy process. However, this article will give you a quick crash course on how to sync a fitness tracker to your phone.
However, keep in mind that this will vary from one model to another. Therefore, our fitness tracker syncing tutorial will be pretty broad and generic. However, we don’t want to exclude specific fitness trackers, keeping things fairly simple. Read on to find out more.
How to Sync a Fitness Tracker to a Phone: Step by Step
Let’s go through a quick step-by-step tutorial on syncing a fitness tracker to your smartphone. If you follow these steps and tips, this process really shouldn’t be a problem.
- Make sure that both the smartphone and the fitness tracker are fully charged. Most fitness trackers will recommend that they be at least 50% charged before any setup or syncing process.
- Ensure that the Bluetooth on both the tracker and the phone are turned on. Then, access the settings on both devices to activate the Bluetooth function. Remember, most of these units use Bluetooth, so your phone needs to be Bluetooth capable.
- Then, make sure that both devices are within range of each other. That said, modern Bluetooth has excellent range, so this really shouldn’t be an issue. As long as both devices are in the same room, pairing should be fast and straightforward.
- You will need to install the corresponding app on your smartphone for the fitness tracker. Then create an account, enter your personal information, and likely some biometric data.
- The Bluetooth should automatically detect the fitness tracker. Simply click on the pair button to finish syncing them together if this is the case. Other fitness trackers may require you to go through this process via the application. There will be a tab within the application to detect nearby fitness trackers.
- You should see matching codes appear on both the fitness tracker and your phone. Once this occurs, the syncing or pairing process has been completed.
Do You Need to Sync a Fitness Tracker to Your Phone?
Generally speaking, you need to sync a fitness tracker to a smartphone at least once because fitness trackers typically need an application to function.
To activate the fitness tracker, you need an app, and this app is installed on your phone. Therefore, at the very least, you will need to sync the two together at least once to get everything up and running.
However, you don’t necessarily need your smartphone to use your fitness tracker. That said, fitness trackers can only hold and display so much information.
Usually, you will need a screen or device to view the information that the fitness tracker gathers. Therefore, to transfer the data from the tracker to your phone, you need to sync them regularly.
In addition, some fitness trackers don’t have built-in GPS. However, they may allow you to use the GPS on your phone and use it when using your fitness tracker, so the two need to be synced.
You should now know exactly how to sync your fitness tracker to your smartphone. That said, the best thing you can do is read the owner’s manual for your specific product. Remember that fitness trackers vary from one to the next.